Sunday, February 6, 2011

Playing Catch Up

"Sleepy Head" 2.5x3.5" Colored Pencil
This painting is an oldie, but goodie. Once I realized that I wanted art to become apart of my life other than being a fun hobby I sat down and really pushed myself hard to try and get used to other subjects. Since I almost always paint horses, so the goal at that point in time was to draw everything but horses! At first this failed miserably. I went through about a month solid of my everyday paintings failing. I was getting very discouraged, and decided I needed to change my game a little. See, at the time I was trying to get an ACEO finished in under an hour, so with this one I decided to sit down and simple do the best I could no matter how long it took. Sounds simple I know! I sat at my art desk for over three hours trying to make sure this little work was perfect. And I am certainly pleased with the end results, even to this day! I learned that it really doesn't matter how much time you spend on a work, it's taking the time to make sure you do it right.
I also apologies to you guys for lack of up dates. The little camera I was using to take photos of my work was stolen, so I have no way to post my new stuff :( Hopefully I'll get a replacement in the next month or so!
Happy Painting!!!

1 comment: