Sunday, March 7, 2010

Watercolor

" Simple Elegance" 12 x 16 watercolor

I have a wonderful opportunity this year to spend six months with a watercolor master. It's a small group of five that meet with Feng once a week to go over our paintings. Now, his other students are hardcore watercolorists- I'm not. So I knew from the beginning that this was going to be a HUGE challenge for me. Seeing how watercolor is not exactly my strong point, and I have left the class several times to the point of tears because of frustrations. But I keep trucking, because I want to learn. Dedication is what makes the art student.

This particular work I have been slaving over for the past four weeks. Every time I thought it was done, Feng would tell me to wipe it and do it again. Now, he still hasn't seen this finial attempt, but I am VERY pleased with the results! (Don't mind the whole right side though, my camera completely washed it out) I can certainly say with all the blood, sweat, and plenty of tears I am learning! And I am learning from the best, and my watercolor is certainly going to the next level with the help of this class.

I have already started my next watercolor- another dressage piece. I will take everything I have learned from this painting and apply it to my next. Hopefully this make an even better painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment