Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year




The start of a New Year always excites me as the countless possibilities of what it could bring fills my head. First thing I did this morning was construct my 10 New Years Goals I want to accomplish for the year. That way I feel as if I have direction in the New Year rather than flailing around blindly and letting it take me.

The start of the New Year also means the start of new art projects! One of my main goals for the year is to do a daily painting. Now, this might get complicated as school starts again in full swing- but I think it's doable!
For the first painting of the New Year I did a lovely portrait of a thoroughbred mare named Lucy. This horse has such an adorable face I couldn't resist trying my hand at painting her. So, here is the cutie done in acrylic on 9 x 12 canvas paper. I've titled it "The Rail Walker".




No comments:

Post a Comment